VEGF-165 Recombinant Protein
VEGF-165 Recombinant Protein
VEGF-165, or vascular endothelial growth factor 165, is a protein that plays a crucial role in angiogenesis, which is the formation of new blood vessels. It's a member of the PDGF (Platelet-Derived Growth Factors) family that is characterized by the presence of eight conserved cysteine residues and a cystine knot structure.
In simpler terms, it's like a molecular architect that signals the body to build new blood vessels, particularly important in processes like wound healing and the development of collateral blood vessels to improve blood flow in ischemic tissues. This specific isoform, VEGF-165, is one of several VEGF isoforms, each with slightly different properties and functions.
Our products are produced using a proprietary plant based expressed system.
- Animal Component Free (ACF). No endotoxins, prions or virons to risk microbial contamination.
- Highly flexible platform used to produce multiple proteins with minimal changes to method.
- Our proteins generally have 10% to 20% higher activity.
- Our fusion tech is highly-engineered and tested to be hyper-thermal stable and protease-resistant.
Price Match Guarantee
If you find a lower price of VEGF-165 recombinant protein, send us a copy of the estimate or a link to the online listing and we'll match the price for quantity. It's that EASY! Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Lead Time
1-2 Working Days
|Expression System||Nicotiana Benthamiana|
|Purity||>95% by SDS-PAGE|
||0.3-3.75 ng/mL EC50|
Induced HUVEC proliferation assay data
Cell proliferation is measured by Rezasurin
rhVEGF165 MNPHARM, ED50 = 4.557 ng/mL
Using 2 mg/mL concentration measurement
|Animal Component Free (ACF)||Yes|
*For Research Use Only
If your product VEGF-165 is within its expiration period, and has not performed according to expectations, fill out the sample return form. Return the unused sample frozen, with the auto generated packing slip to the address on the instructions. You will receive a full refund along with a replacement of the unused portion (inclusive of the failed test). Damages do not cover any additional costs incurred for failed experimentation.
Reconstituted store at -20°C or -80°C.
We recommend that single use aliquots are prepared to avoid freeze-thaw cycles."
- Thaw the vial on ice, spin briefly
- Prepare single-use or stock aliquots. This stage will depend on your final application so please adapt as appropriate. All our proteins are supplied carrier protein-free. If compatible with your work and you are storing at lower concentrations (<50 ug/ml) adding carrier protein is highly advised (usually 1% w/v high purity BSA or equivalent – ensure all buffers are sterile-filtered).
- Prepare single-use aliquots whenever possible to avoid freeze-thaw cycles which can damage the proteins and reduce bioactivity. Store aliquots at -70 °C (or -20 °C)
- We recommend sterile filtering after dilution in media or the final working solution
Alternative Names: MVCD1; MVCD-1; VAS; vascular endothelial growth factor A; Vascular endothelial growth factor 2; Vascular permeability factor; Vasculotropin; VEGF; VEGFA; VEGF-A; VEGFMGC70609; VPF; VPF vascular endothelial growth factor; MGC70609
UniProt ID: (Human) P15692
Entrez Gene ID: (Human) 7422
Documents & Downloads
- Leung, D.W. et al. (1989) Science 246:1306.
- Keck, P.J. et al. (1989) Science 246:1309.
- Byrne, A.M. et al. (2005) J. Cell. Mol. Med. 9:777.
- Robinson, C.J. and S.E. Stringer (2001) J. Cell. Sci. 114:853.
- Pan, Q. et al. (2007) J. Biol. Chem. 282:24049.
- Weis, S.M. and D.A. Cheresh (2005) Nature 437:497.
- Thurston, G. (2002) J. Anat. 200:575.
- Carvalho, J.F. et al. (2007) J. Clin. Immunol. 27:246.
- Angelo, L.S. and R. Kurzrock (2007) Clin. Cancer Res. 13:2825.
- Apte, R.S. et al. (2019) Cell 176(6):1248.
- Sangro, B. et al. (2021) Nature 18:525-543.
- Hu, K. & Olsen, B.R. (2016) Bone 91:30-38.
- Zhou, Y. et al. (2022) Cancers 14:2266.
- Li, Y. et al. (2018) Cell Stem Cell 23(2):181-192.
- Musah, S. et al. (2018) Nat. Protoc. 13(7):1662-1685.
- Meseguer-Ripolles, J. et al. (2021) STAR Protoc. 2(2):100502.
- Hutchings, G. et al. (2020) Int. J. Mol. Sci. 21(11):3790.
- Zhang, W. et al. (2014) Euro Cell and Mater. 27:1-12.